South Lyon's McHattie Park (on the west side of Pontiac Trail between 9 Mile and 10 Mile Roads) is the location of the Witch's Hat Depot Museum and Historic Village. The historic village consists of six buildings: Washburn School (built 1907), Queen Anne Depot (aka the Witch's Hat, built 1909), the Caboose (circa 1926), the Little Village Chapel (built 1930), the Freight House (built 1984), and the Gazebo (1990). With the exceptions of the Freight House and the Gazebo, which were constructed on site, the historic buildings were moved to the park from their original sites starting with the Witch's Hat in 1976.
McHattie Park and the Museum and Historic Village host public events. Concerts in the Park are held in summertime.
McHattie Park is also connected to a portion of the Huron Valley Rail Trail, which converted an old railroad line into a public trail. The trail is managed by the Western Oakland County Trailway Management Council.
- Megan and Matt
- Alan and Chantel
- Mickey and Fred